Thomas is a Denmark-qualified attorney focusing on M&A, commercial contracts, and employment law with over a decade of experience from leading law firms (Plesner + Lundgrens) and large insurance companies in Denmark. He has been practicing in the UAE since early 2018, where he has advised clients from Europe, Asia, the USA, and the Middle East on market entry in UAE, employment law, M&A, and corporate commercial matters in general. Thomas is a member of Danish Business Pavilion (the Danish representation at Expo 2020 in Dubai) and managing partner of the Danish law firm, Friis Advokatfirma, specialized in litigation in Denmark.
Selected representative roles and matters:
• Assisting in Novovision MEG´s acquisition of a Danish media company
• Assisting the damage control company SSG with the acquisition of a smaller competitor.
• Assisting a German company in the due diligence process and the acquisition of a larger German windmill project.
• Representing the buyer in relation to the acquisitions of medical clinics in the UAE.
• Working on the bankruptcy estate of Sterling Airlines A/S.
• Working on the restructuring of Glitnir (Islandsbanki) after the bank´s bankruptcy.
• Drafting the contract basis of Danish Business Pavilion.
• Assisting a Russian based company with obtaining a license for a blockchain project in the UAE.
• Representing a bankruptcy estate before the High Court in Denmark in a case regarding an avoidable preference.
• Represented a Danish insurance company before the High Court in Denmark in a case regarding insurance coverage.